EFFECTIVE DATE: January 28, 2019
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information from you through various sources: information that you provide to us directly; information that we collect automatically when you use our Services; and information that we collect from third parties (which often are our service providers, but also could be marketing partners, social networking sites, or other entities). We generally combine the information that we collect about you from these various sources.
Information We Collect Directly
- Registration: If you register with us (such as through our Website, App or loyalty programs), we collect your name, email, phone number, and a password and security question, as well as other relevant information you choose to provide, such as favorite store and items, birthday (MMDD), marketing preferences, billing and contact information and other demographic information.
- Marketing programs: If you join our email, text or other marketing programs, we collect your email address, mobile number other relevant contact information, your zip code, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
- Orders and Purchases: When you make a purchase or place an order with us (online or otherwise), we collect and maintain information about your order including items, instructions, name, contact information, payment card and other billing information (including payment card and billing address), coupons and offers redeemed.
- Surveys and Other Information: We also will collect any information that you provide to us, including information that you submit in response to surveys, information requests from us, or other correspondence with us. We may provide you with the option of purchasing products through our App.
- Location Information (App Users): With your permission, we also will collect your precise location information, including when you are not using the App (this helps us find you appropriate offers and direct you to a nearby Papa Murphy’s). You may disable our collection of your location information in your account settings.
Information We Collect Automatically.We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Website, App or other Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed specifically for Apps: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address and general location information; the length of time you visit our Website and App, and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Website.
We also may collect the following information about your use of our App: mobile device ID; language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the App, the length of time that you are logged into our App, and, with your permission, your precise geo-location information.
As noted above, with your permission, we may track your precise location using location beacons in areas where we have Papa Murphy's even if the App is not open on your phone or you are not currently using the App. Please see the section "Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms" below for more information.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.We also may collect information about you from third parties, including marketing and advertising agencies, third party partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, and franchisees. For example, if you make a purchase from us, we may work with third parties to send you offers, coupons and deals; these third parties may provide us with your contact information or we may work with them to send you these offers, coupons and deals on our behalf. We also may receive order information from franchisees.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We mainly use your information to provide our services to you. We also may use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Website and our App, to respond to your questions and comments, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Website and our App. For example, if you grant us permission to see your location while you are using our App, we might direct you to the closest Papa Murphy’s to you.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information, that we learn about you, including your, to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. We may use information such as your in-store transactional and purchase history, along with information we collect about you from third parties for marketing purposes.
- If you sign up for our text messaging or email programs, we will send you text advertisements/email advertisements, as applicable, which include, for example, coupons for particular locations.
- If you use our App, and with your permission, we will send you push notifications.
- If you use our App, we will periodically send transactional email messages giving you information on your ordering, payment, gift card, and other transactions from the App and maintenance issues. Because these emails are necessary to facilitate the functionality of the App, you cannot opt out from receiving them.
- If you use our App, we will send you push notifications, including notices about stores near your current location. You may opt-out of these notifications through the preference settings on your device.
- To better understand how you use our Website and our App, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, if we know what features of our Website or our App users like the most or the least, we can improve upon our Website and our App. We also will use your information to respond to user preferences as well as for research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates and Franchisees: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and franchisees; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, if you place an order through our Website, you will be directed to a third party service provider’s platform to collect and process payment information.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Website and our App, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities.
Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you disable cookies on your web browser, you will be able to view our Website, but our ordering platform may not work properly.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website and our App to, among other things, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track: Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions at the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites.
Targeted Advertising and Ad Networks
In order to assist us in displaying more relevant advertisements on our Website and App, manage our advertising on third-party sites, App and online services and to evaluate and improve the success of our advertising campaigns, we may work with third parties such as third-party ad companies, ad exchanges, channel partners, measurement services and network advertisers to — for example, Facebook and Google.
Custom Audiences and Matching:We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) with third parties – such as Facebook (more info on Facebook Custom Audience here or see above) so that we can better target ads and content to our users, and others with similar interests on these third parties’ platforms or networks (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with third party ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. As noted above, you may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks and obtain more information about targeting advertising through one of the following links:
Opting out of one or more ad networks only means that those networks no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Website or other web sites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your opt-out may no longer be effective.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links on our Website or through our App to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify certain personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website or App for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us. If you opt-in we may also send you marketing texts; you also may opt-out of the text messaging program by texting "STOP" at any time to 90421.
Deactivation of Your App Account:At any time, you may remove the App from your phone by following the instructions on your device. In addition, you may "close" your App account by logging into order.papamurphys.com from your desktop, clicking "My Account," clicking "cancel your account" under the "Close Account" heading and follow any instructions.
Information collected by the App is not deleted when you "close" your account, and Papa Murphy’s and its service providers may retain access to the information that you submitted through the App.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide us their personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we may from time-to-time share with third parties for their own direct marketing use; such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third party sharing in the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing at email@example.com , using the subject line "California Privacy Information." In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address. We will reply to valid requests by sending a response to the email address from which you submitted your request. Our response to you will be limited to information on covered sharing and the relevant details required by the Shine the Light law.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Phone: 800.257.7272Mail: Papa Murphy’s Intl
Guest Services Department
8000 NE Parkway Dr. Ste. 350
Vancouver, WA 98662
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on this Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.