EFFECTIVE DATE: October 8, 2015
- The Information We Collect About You
- Information We Collect Directly From You
- Information We Collect Automatically
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Third Party Analytics
- Third-Party Links
- Security of My Personal Information
- Access To My Personal Information
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
- Children Under 13
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information from you through various sources: information that you provide to us directly; information that we collect automatically when you use our Website and our Mobile Application; and information that we collect from third parties (which often are our service providers, but also could be marketing partners, social networking sites, or other entities). We generally combine the information that we collect about you from these various sources.
- On our Website: If you create an account, your name, email, phone number, and a password; if you make a purchase, payment information (name, contact information, including payment card and billing address); if you join our text messaging program, your mobile phone number and zip code; if you join our email program, your email address, and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
- On our Mobile Application: We will collect the information listed above; in addition, we also may collect a security question and answer, birthday, favorite store, or other demographic information. We also will collect any information that you enter into the Mobile Application, including information that you submit in response to surveys, information requests from us, or other correspondence with us. We may provide you with the option of purchasing products through our Mobile Application. To make a purchase, you must enter your credit card or debit card information into the Mobile Application. This data is encrypted and passed to our third party service providers that process the transaction when you make a purchase. We will not store your credit card or debit card information collected through the Mobile Application. We also may collect transaction information, including information provided in the context of a purchase, including, information that can be pulled from the bar code that you provide to the cashier to make your purchase and information about the purchase itself. We also will collect, with your permission, your precise location information, including tracking your location even if you are not using the Mobile Application at that time (this helps us find you appropriate offers and direct you to a nearby Papa Murphy’s).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Website and Mobile Application through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed specifically for mobile applications: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Website and Mobile Application, and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Website.
We also may collect the following information about your use of our Mobile Application: mobile device ID; language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Mobile Application, the length of time that you are logged into our Mobile Application, and, with your permission, your precise geo-location information.
As noted above, with your permission, we may track your precise location using location beacons in areas where we have Papa Murphy's even if the Mobile Application is not open on your phone or you are not currently using the Mobile Application. Please see the section "Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms" below for more information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We also may collect information about you from third parties, including marketing and advertising agencies, third party partners, subsidiaries and affiliates, and franchisees.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We mainly use your information to provide our services to you. We also may use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Website and our Mobile application, to respond to your questions and comments, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Website and our Mobile Application. For example, if you grant us permission to see your location while you are using our Mobile Application, we might direct you to the closest Papa Murphy’s to you.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites.
- If you sign up for our text messaging or email programs, we will send you text advertisements/email advertisements, as applicable, which include, for example, coupons for particular locations.
- If you use our Mobile Application, and with your permission, we will send you push notifications.
- If you use our Mobile Application, we will periodically send transactional email messages giving you information on your ordering, payment, gift card, and other transactions from the Mobile Application and maintenance issues. Because these emails are necessary to facilitate the functionality of the Mobile Application, you cannot opt out from receiving them.
- If you use our Mobile Application, we will send you push notifications, including notices about stores near your current location. You may opt-out of these notifications through the preference settings on your device.
- To better understand how you use our Website and our Mobile Application, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, if we know what features of our Website or our Mobile Application users like the most or the least, we can improve upon our Website and our Mobile Application. We also will use your information to respond to user preferences as well as for research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates and Franchisees: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and franchisees; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, if you place an order through our Website, you will be directed to a third party service provider’s platform to collect and process payment information.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Website and our Mobile Application, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our site.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you disable cookies on your web browser, you will be able to view our Website, but our ordering platform may not work properly.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Website and our Mobile Application to, among other things, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions at the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites.
Targeted Advertising and Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. The website http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to "opt-out" of third-party ad networks operated by NAI members. You may contact Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of targeted advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA member companies, including how to "opt-out" of third-party ad networks operated by DAA members. Opting out of one or more NAI members or About Ad members (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our web site or other web sites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s web sites accessible by the above links.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links on our Website or through our Mobile Application to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website or Mobile Application for a period of time.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us. You also may opt-out of the text messaging program by texting "STOP" at any time to 90421.
Deactivation of Your Mobile Application Account
At any time, you may remove the Mobile Application from your phone by following the instructions on your device. In addition, you may "deactivate" your use of the Mobile Application account by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please provide the email address and phone number (if applicable) that you used to sign up as well as the best email address where we can contact you.
Information collected by the Mobile Application is not deleted when you "deactivate" your account, and Papa Murphy’s and its service providers may retain access to the information that you submitted through the Mobile Application.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Phone: 800.257.7272Mail: Papa Murphy’s Intl
Guest Services Department
8000 NE Parkway Dr. Ste. 350
Vancouver, WA 98662
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on this Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.